Thursday, February 3, 2011

Ice, General

Mild rain today, fair bit of ice.  Cleats sure helped!

The best part of being out there is meeting the people, from the bus driver to the cyclist, fellow walkers.  There is a comraderie in sharing the same experience (and the same weather).  "Is there much ice on the bridge?"  "How are you handling the icy roads?"  Smiles from passersby, some trudging along.

I'm not making any better time, but the going is easier; I'm stronger.  The mornings are starting to get lighter, not much, but the bit is encouraging.  Charcoal grey skies, when it isn't overcast.

Some mornings, the traffic is much heavier than others.  I wonder why, some meeting going on?  The weigh scale is always busy.

Well, tomorrow is Friday - the last work day of this week.  I'm looking forward to the weekend; nothing much planned, but still, it's a change.

Checkin' out for now...

No comments: