Even though it was cold this week, the walking was great! One day, I actually made it to work in under 50 minutes. The air was so crisp and clear, the going easy, and, here was so little wind if not any some days. Soon I will be moving into the third month.
A funny story: On Monday, I got up as usual, noted my neighbour was not up at her usual time doing her yoga and that the radio station had different announcers on with no weather report for our city. Started walking to work and noticed my supervisor, who lives close to me, was not heating up her vehicle. I thought perhaps she was just late getting going, or maybe sick and that there would be a message for me when I got to work. The sky was lighting up a bit, but it was overcast, so still dark. I also checked to make sure that as I left my trailer court, the time was correct, but i only looked at the minute hand - as I normally do. When I got to work, I started right away as usual. When I had finished the preliminaries, I thought, "Boy, it sure is quiet around here. Where is everyone?" At the same time, I looked at the clock on the computer and heard my supervisor coming in. She looked a little quizzical when she saw me there. By now it had "dawned" on me - I had arrived a whole hour early. The night before when I re-set my alarm clock, I must have let my finger lift for a milli-second and it not only re-set the alarm, but also the time. I checked when I got home, and that's exactly what happened. Oh well, I am able to take an hour of flex time to compensate for the extra hour I worked, but, it sure is an unorthodox way of getting flex time!
No comments:
Post a Comment