Monday, February 28, 2011

Actic Outflow

Wow!  Another one!  Winter has been longer that usual.  I survived the walk this morning (-14 degrees C).  Tomorrow will be the same - dress warm - 3 layers on top, 2 on the bottom, good socks - cleats on the shoes, mitts, hat that covers the ears, my hood, and 2 scarves - one inside the coat and the other outside.  I was still sweatin' this morning.  Beautiful morning light over the eastern mountain.
Preparing for a birthday get-together tomorrow for a brother of mine.  The cake is cooking now - helping to warm up the place.  I am very thankful to have had the new window installed this past summer - no drafts, and of course, I think the heat is staying in the trailer better.
Would you believe it, another door knob/lock kaput!  Taking after my Dad for that.  At least the deadbolt does a fine job!
Kitty survived the day outside - must have a nice, cozy corner under the trailer somewhere.  I called this morning for her after I let her out and just before I left for work - but she wouldn't come to me.  Oh well, she did not look worse for wear.

No comments: