Thursday, February 15, 2007

Love and Grace

http://www.weforanimals.com/galleries/butterflies%20gallery/butterfly%20pictures-1.htm#Free%20Thumbnail%20Pictures
"Either we live under pressure to grow, or we celebrate grace."
"It comes more naturally to hate ourselves and be driven by pressure to improve, than to judge ourselves in a way that leads to a celebration of grace."
Crabb, Dr. Larry. Finding God. Zonderavan, Grand Rapids, Michigan 49530. 1993. p132.

Quite often, I have to really meditate on God's grace to me. My fallen nature always wants to work to prove or improve my "goodness". Though I have not worried about loosing my salvation, my focus somehow has been about doing good for God more so than on resting in His Love and Grace.
It is quite amazing to sense His Love towards me, and to allow Him to bathe me in it. I have never know such Love as this Love He has for me. I am thankful He has an endless supply because I never seem to get enough.

"In repentance and rest is your salvation; in quietness and trust is your strength." Isaiah 30:15


No comments: