Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Employment

Looks like I could be working soon. Tomorrow and the next day will let me know for sure. How I look forward to being able to make a living! God is good to me, even in the midst of my displays of weakness.

The cat has already been spayed!!!! The vet could find no indication of a scar so he had to operate to know for sure one way or the other. I did not get charged much for the amount of time he put into taking care of her - God bless him.


My Mom's grave looks beautiful. Someone planted a mat of plants on it, and they have all grown about 16" tall, white and fragrant. They are called "Snow in Summer", although I have heard them called "Snow on the Mountain". I was impressed by how many people we know up in that corner of the graveyard. I felt "at home" amongst them, people I have grown up knowing, and all the graves so pretty with flowers and ornamentation.

On the first day of the week, very early in the morning, the women took the spices they had prepared and went to the tomb. They found the stone rolled away from the tomb, but when they entered they did not find the body of the Lord Jesus. While they were wondering about this, suddenly two men in clothes that gleamed like lightning stood beside them. In their fright the women bowed down with their faces to the ground, but the men said to them, "Why do you look for the living among the dead? he is not here; he has risen! Remember how he told you, while he was still with you in Galilee; 'The Son of Man must be delivered into the hands of sinful men, be crucified and on the third day be raised again.'" Then they remembered his words. Luke 24:1-8

No comments: