Saturday, January 15, 2011

Walking

I've been walking to work everyday.  Can't say it was choice I would have made without the car breaking down, but the decision was easier made with the vehicle not being available.  So, I have been at it since December 30th, but even that is not too long as there were holidays and vacation days between then and now.  However, I walked every day this last week, and definitely feel the better for it!  Minus 13 degrees C and wind weren't a trouble with 4 layers on top and two on the bottom, two pairs of mitts, a toque, hood and scarf.  Oh yes, BOGS on my feet, too.  I've been very warm most of the way.  The worst part of walking in any weather around here is the wind; the worst part of the walk is the old bridge. 

I have faced a certain amount of fear in following through with this action plan:  perhaps I'll die (of a heart attack, the cold, get hit by a car, an animal will eat me, whatever), perhaps I'll get laughed at and thought of as weird, perhaps I'll simply fail.  Also, a few other minor fears: will I make it to the bus on time (for the trip home), what about packing stuff, or getting around to do my daily affairs of life.  Oh well.

So far, everything is going fine - and...I already feel better, a little stronger even, more energy..  

I admit, I am looking forward to a little warmer weather and less blizzard wind, but, other than that, and even with that, all's well.  It's a great time to sing and praise the Lord, pray, just enjoy the beauty of the Lord in everything, and give Him thanks!.   

No comments: