Saturday, January 22, 2011

Still Walking

Through wind, snow, rain and calm, still walking.  The best weather for walking is any kind that doesn't have wind.  Perhaps when summer comes and it's hot - I'll LOVE the wind! 

I acquired two large blisters, one per each big toe - ouch!  But, they haven't popped yet.  I hope to have some calluses soon. 

Yesterday I donned runners for the first time.  Mud puddles were easy enough to skirt around, snow was packed hard enough to stand on top of when necessary, and cleats kept me upright on ice.  Except for the tips of my toes. my feet stayed dry.

It was a busy week downtown.  Ploughs were out lifting snowpiles, and there was a lot of traffic, even at 7:00 or so in the morning.  The city public works are doing a great job - there has been a lot of snow to move.

Visibility was good on the river, even in the dark of early morning.  So pretty to see the snow covered ice with small apertures of water here and there.  Even the shadows of trees can be seen now.  Skies were dark charcoal gray instead of black or unseen.  And the rock bluffs had tinkly water streams running down them.  Morning music.

No comments: