Lately, I just haven't had much to say. In fact, everytime I start writing, I run out of topic. Maybe I'll just try this:What's been happening:
*my son-in-law started work on my deck/addition - it will be beautiful.
*work is going well-we are training more casuals.
*my family has had some health issues, but everyone is happy, and thankful for the
Lord's provision and care.
*my car needs new ball joints $$$$$$$$-I'm not sure what I'm going to do - waiting on the
Lord.
I think on the things of the Lord all the time. There is nothing that compares to Him. Every activity and circumstance, all thought and breath points to Him. He is first and He is last.
I have been thinking of fire a lot lately and these are the images that I keep getting - the first hot flashes of flame when a fire is initially lit, then the steady, constant heat that is poured out as the fire dies down a bit and is maintained to continue to produce warmth; finally the ebbing of heat as embers glow and in the end, smolder, blacken and die away.
Sometimes life is mostly like the initial and ending stages of a fire, but I think that our lives should be like the middle - steady and constant, most effectively productive; being maintained for those purposes. For these reasons, the Lord is always drawing us back to Him - when we want excitement - the first stage, or we are tired and worn out - the end stage - there He is directing us to Himself, calling us, setting us back on track again so that we are wonderfully useful and beautiful in His purposes. Nor do we strive, but rest in His ability as we respond to Him.
No comments:
Post a Comment