Friday, October 5, 2007

Autumn Leaves



My favourite season!!! How glorious the colours are!!!

Thank you everyone who celebrated my birthday with me - those present and those not. I send love to each one of you.

The gifts of God are numerous, beyond measure. Some of which are the friends He gives us, their joy, love and fellowship. They are as varied as the autumn leaves, the precious glory of God revealed in them.

Life, in the light of eternity is short. Sometimes we want to "eat" quickly and have lots, yet savouring the sweetness of it, drinking deeply, as we share it together, seems far more satisfying.

Returning to the Lord our thanksgiving. "Come let us bow down in worship, let us kneel before the Lord, our Maker, for he is our God and we are the people of his pasture, the flock under his care." Ps. 95:6 & 7a NIV

3 comments:

Andrew Brown said...

"Some of the gifts of God are the friends He gives us."....YES, so true and I have really come to appreciate your friendship over the past few years, Shirley. It may sound odd to some to think of how much I respect my brother's mother-in-law but you have made quite an impact on my life. It is such an added assurance for me to know what a blessing you are to my family even while on the other side of the world and I can worry about them a little less. I really wish I could have been there to celebrate your birthday, to give you a BIG hug and let you know that you are GREATLY appreciated!

Adam said...

Amen!!
You are greatly appreciated mom-in-law!!!!!!

Shirley said...

Hi Guys:
Thanks so much for your kind remarks. I count it a privilege to know you both, and your family, and to be received as a friend. Love S.