
Every now and then, I review the Obituary column on-line in the Terrace Standard:
http://www.bclocalnews.com/bc_north/terracestandard/obituaries/
It's interesting and thought provoking.
Because I have known many of these people, death seems less distant these days.
"You have made my days a mere handbreadth, the span of my years is as nothing before you. Each man's life is but a breath. Selah" Psalm 39:5 NIV
Everything seems so fragile. And, as we can't take anything with us, insignificant.
And, we could be gone tomorrow.
"Now all has been heard; here is the conclusion of the matter:
Fear God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole duty of man." Eccl. 12:13
"Jesus said to her, 'I am the resurrecton and the life. He who believes in me will live, even though he dies; and whoever lives and believes in me will never die. Do you believe this?'" John 11:25 & 26 NIV
2 comments:
We have the same habit mother-in-law of checking out the obituaries! I think this is very important to always have in the back of our minds what we want our legacy to be. May I always be known for my love of God.
I do too. Will it be temporal, or will it contribute to the building of God's Kingdom and His Praise.
Post a Comment