Thursday, October 15, 2009

Christ is Risen and Lives for Evermore

1Cor. 15:12-19
Being Christians, we're in a "bad spot" if Christ has not been raised from the dead:
a) our testimony would be a lie - we would be false witnesses,
b) Christ would, in fact be dead (not resurrected),
c) what we preach and the faith we have is of no use,
d) we do not have forgiveness of sins and therefore are still in our sins,
e) the people who have passed away before us who had put their faith in
Christ are now, eternally lost, and
f) if by thinking we have hope for something better after we die, but really
only have hope for now, we are worse off than those who don't believe.

Thanks to God though, Christ has been raised from the dead and we are His! We will be with Him eternally!

Every day it seems, just in my life alone, I wish for so many to know His Love. How I want to be together eternally with those I love, enjoying God with them! Even in this life, I see the chasm that separates us.

Lord, create in them a desire to be with You, enable them to see You and the bridge You built with Your Body and Blood, making the way for them to cross over into the Kingdom of Light.

No comments: