
I was loaned this book and am enjoying all that the author, Timothy Keller has to say. The segment that I am reading right now is speaking about "Christian" fanaticism and Christian fanaticism (the differences). He makes his points in context to the effect that grace has in one's life.
Here are some quotes:
"Belief that you are accepted by God by sheer grace is profoundly humbling."
pg. 57
This belief is humbling. All my presumption withers under my meditations of what "sheer grace" is. I am returned to myself again, not wasting in who I think I should be - to my relief! No more striving or pleasing, just being; revelling in being created as I am, and that Jesus can express Himself through me adequately (and more) for His Purposes.
"He [God] cannot be manipulated by religious and moral
performance-he can only be reached through repentance, through the
giving up of power."
pg. 59 & 60
1 comment:
Sam had to get the book because he has a funny Darth Vader quote, "I find your lack of faith disturbing". I hear from many people it's a great book. I was reminded when Keller kept coming up at the GTT last weekend.
Post a Comment