I have a cat.
Every two, three, four days, or so, I tell my family another story about my cat. It has become a saga. At some point in most of my visits or phone conversations, another episode unfolds.
The beginning...
Sometime in early fall I acquired this cat - free of charge...
I had asked my brother to find me a kitten, preferably female. He dutifully did.
As she was beautiful and feisty, I called her "Fiesta". She lives up to her name - she is a walking, prowling, running party - at least in her own mind. Sometimes I call her a "bad cat", but really...if a person spent 8 - 12 hours a day on their own inside a dwelling, unable to read or watch TV, well, that person's behaviour might be a little "off" too, right???
So this is how it began...
At night, I thought, h-m-m-m-m, maybe she might like to sleep on the bed with me, I think I can handle that. No...she wants to sleep IN the bed with me, or right next to my ear or mouth, LOUDLY purring, licking me. Talk about anxiety - I was a nervous wreck. I just wasn't able to sleep. So, I banished her to the rest of the trailer and shut the door to the bedroom. The first few nights continued to be nerve wracking as she stayed close to the door and made noises. She has since accepted her fate. I don't know where she sleeps, but the couches have cushions and blankets on them, and she has full access to her food, water and kitty litter - but not to me. Whew!
As she has grown, my eyes have often lighted on my patio door curtains...so have hers. I decided I would accept the sacrifice. Fiesta has immensely enjoyed leaping and lunging at the Christmas lights I have left looped down across the window, as well as attacking the curtains themselves, exercising her "wee" muscles in vigorous climbing the Everest of netted white. Lately, I notice the lace just doesn't fall as nicely as it did, and little snags have cropped out. Oh well, I did accept "the sacrifice".
I'll post more another night.
2 comments:
awwwww, cute..... :)
1 a clever or shrewd often in an underhanded manner b impertinent , smart-alecky (don't get cute with me)
2 attractive or pretty especially in a childish, youthful, or delicate way
3 obviously straining for effect
I think you're referring to definition 2 and/or 3. For me it seems more like definition 1 a and b. Of course, only kitty knows for sure, I think???
Post a Comment