Friday, July 11, 2008

Frustrations

Well, my little car's useful life has ended. R I P

The frame is so badly rusted that it is unsafe for driving. My mechanic was concerned enough that he preferred I not drive it home. So, I am now in the throes of uninsuring it, and trying to sell it for parts - the engine still drives wonderfully and therefore it has some advantages, that is, for someone who knows what they are doing and could use this car specifically.

In the meantime, I am "hopping" rides, walking and biking. I would like to save a little more money for a bigger down payment and thus decrease the size and amount of payments on another vehicle.

Going to Smithers again this weekend with my Dad to another Aunt's and Uncle's 50th Wedding Anniversary. I had forgot this was occurring.

I feel like I have so many things that must done. It seems like time is running out, but perhaps that's all it is, a "seeming like".

I think I put myself under too much stress by requiring too many things to be done in too short a time. So, I decided to eliminate some stress from my life - instead of changing my mailing address from my box number to the address of where I live, I'll keep the box number (and spend the money to keep it, which is what I would end up doing if I had to do the "Change of Address" forms - perhaps a little less, but still spending money) - I feel relieved already. Instead of worrying about getting the car listed in the Bargain Hunter (which I can't find a workable phone number for - or the Bargain Hunter itself), I listed it in "The Terrace Daily". I'll find out about the Bargain Hunter tomorrow or the next day, or the next. About cleaning the car out, I'll do it after church on Sunday, or on my day off on Monday. So, and so forth.

I think I can go to sleep now.

No comments: