Monday, August 6, 2007

Bar Fishing


This isn't my best pic - so let me explain - Bar Fishing - the black lines are supposed to be fishing rods.
My son-in-law caught a 34 pound spring salmon tonight and my daughter caught one that was 12 pounds. Whew - ee!!! The rewards of patience and perseverance. In between times, my grand-daughter started to explore through my backpack, and ended up slicing her finger on my filleting knife - eech!!!!! - not too seriously though - but very scary for us.
It was a wonderful day on the river - other fisherpeople catching fish too, eagles, fresh breezes, wonderful scenery, fellowship. God's creation is unrelentingly beautiful and breathtaking, His kindness and protection unfathomable.
Great is the LORD and most worthy of praise; his greatness no one can fathom. One generation will commend your works to another; they will tell of your mighty acts. they will speak of the glorious splendor of your majesty, and I will meditate on your wonderful works. Ps. 145:3-5 NIV

4 comments:

Adam said...

What an awesome picture. I could tell right away it was our three lines at 18 mile. I had a great time and love that you're joining us fishing this year. We should go tonight, if possible. (The 8th) Love you

Shirley said...

Sorry I missed the outing. Thanks for the compliment. That was a tough pic to do - I even used a ruler to guide my mouse, trying to make the lines straight. I love the challenge though.
Can't wait to go out fishing with you all again!!!! S

Jenny said...

I love your blog Shirley. I look forward to see what graffiti pic you'll include.
Thanks so much for the inspiration!

Shirley said...

Thanks, Jenny! I so enjoy this Graffiti tool! Wish there was one right on the blog site. I suppose I could suggest such an item for them to work on.
Love S.