
For so many years I have been discouraged about Christmas. My sense of wonder and joy had left. Christmas had become just work to me.
This year I am going to put a little effort into it. I bought a string of lights today, and some snowflakes. Last year I had bought some small ornaments which I never did put up, but I will for this Christmas.
The activity I am most looking forward to over the holidays is having a fondue. Last year I did this with my daughter and son-in-law and their family; this was a wonderfully, enjoyable activity. Fondues are such sociable events, people can sit around for hours and visit.
I am looking for a cheese fondue that is electric. I like the electric ones the best as they are the easiest to control. Chocolate and caramel fondues are only small affairs and do not need to be electric.
I think the best part of celebrating the Lord at Christmas is being with one another and being thankful for what He has done for us. In the physical we are rich by the world's standards, but more important, He has given us each other and He is in the midst of us. Sometimes, it is good to sit quietly and meditate on this knowledge.
1 comment:
Makes me think of Psalm 34:8 O taste and see that the LORD is good:Fondue and fellowship.
Post a Comment