Everyone knows that autumn is my favourite season - I always hope for a long-drawn out one. The colours awe me - I love God's palette!
I picked huckleberries for an hour and a half today. The best part about this year's crop is so many of them are plump. Less prolonged heat and lots of rain have been a benefit.
So in all, counting what I got last weekend, 13 cups! Great for muffins, and I have a very old recipe for a huckleberry meringue cake that tastes great!
The forest was beautiful - the moss was thick and the lighting subdued and peaceful. It's such a wonderful place to talk to God!
I wonder how this week at work will go. Last week was overwhelming. I was glad to see the weekend.
2 comments:
i love nature too...but I need to get over my fear of vicious animals...they really do keep me from enjoying the creation that God has made for me to enjoy!!
Hope your week is great!!
Hi Ruth: I worry sometimes too about wild animals - like fishing at this time of the year with all the bears around. In the woods, I kept the road in sight and my ears and eyes attuned to what was happening in the forest. It's always best to have others with you. S
Post a Comment